The good and bad point of Japan





     Have you ever been to Japan? Or have you ever thought you want to go to Japan? Even if you say "No", I will suggest to visit there because it is too bad for you not to go there.

So let me introduce my country's good point today! I hope you will plan to go there after reading this article.

     First of all, Japan is really safe country. Of course, there is crime but the rate is low compared to America. According to the graph which shows crime rate of OECD, Japan was the second lowest country in major 26 countries in 2005. In 2011, Japan was third place in the ranking of global peace index. You can know how safe Japan is from these information. When the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami happened in Japan, people did not start a riot to take food so other country people were proud of them. They got in line for taking food politely and they did not argue at all. Even they are in panic condition, they were calm so the scene made other country people impressed.

The point I am most proud of Japan is "food". Before I came here, I did not know that Japanese food is really good. I found it Japanese food is really well-prepared and so delicious. It takes time to cook Japanese food compared to American food, so the taste is really depth of the throat and delicious. Not only it is good taste, but also it is healthy so Japanese food is popular and spread all over the world now! This is why most Japanese are skinny. And here is amazing fact. In 2013, Japanese food(in Japanese "Washoku") was added to UNESCO Intangible Culture Heritage. What a proud thing is!
We have so many kind of food so you will not get bored.

We have great public transportation so you can go wherever you want by train and bus. Even countryside, they have transportation, how often they drive is a little though. Those are not expensive and also you can buy good deal tickets too like three days ticket if you will use them for a few days. So the number of Japanese who have car license is lower than that of American. I also do not have car license but I have never felt it is inconvenient in Japan. Almost Japanese university students use bicycle, bus and train to go to school.


Japan is really small country but thanks to it, it is easy to go to the place you hang out. In town, we have so many place to hang out with friends, for example; karaoke, theater, amusement park, place you can play many kinds of sports, bar, restaurant, cafe, department store, clothing shops, museum, shrine, old building, etc. And now many new shops keep opened so it will be impossible to get bored in Japan.




"Omotenashi mind" is also what I am proud of Japan. It is Japanese means a traditional Japanese way of hospitality with the most dedicated and exquisite manners. It creates an ambiance of tranquility and relaxation where guests will experience unforgettable moments at ease. It will make you love Japan.




We have some fun events up to the season. In spring, we have "Cherry blossom viewing" in summer, "Summer festival" or "Firework festival", in autumn, "Autumn leaves viewing", in winter, "Snowboarding or Skiing". Whenever you come to Japan, you will enjoy spending the time in there.


     However, at the same time tourists also sometimes feel weird or not good about what Japanese do. For example, a store clark is too polite like keep smiling and taking bow deeply all the time and using weird voice. Tourists feel they look like robot.  This is also what I feel weird too and I do not like it. Before I came here, I worked at ZARA and my manager made me said "Irasshaimase"(it means "Thank you for coming") with weird high tone voice. This is the habitat of Japanese clothing store. The voice tone is different from each store.

Only countryside is rich in nature but town is not. They do not have trees or plants that much. There are just gray building and it makes foreigner feel uncomfortable to be in there. I love nature too so I hope they will plant tree. In other country, even in town they have tree and plants and there are also wild animals as squirrels.

Japanese do not talk with strangers because they are shy and not openminded. When I was in Japan, I only have two or three times I talked with strangers in the train. When I took the train in my country, I felt there were invisible wall between people were in the train. I do not mean every Japanese do not talk with strangers but most people do not especially younger. Honestly, I feel same thing in this school too.

And the biggest issue for tourists is that almost Japanese cannot speak English so when they lose their road and ask Japanese, they cannot help them. However it does not mean Japanese do not have interest to speak English. Recently many Japanese want to improve their English speaking skill but the study for English of Japan in school focus on reading and listening. Even we can take good score on TOEIC or TOEFL, we cannot speak English at all. Speaking English is totally different from reading and listening it. Even the person can speak English a little, they tend to be afraid of making mistakes so they do not speak.

     So these are the positive point and negative point of Japan from the view of other country people. Every country have both so it is the most important thing to try to understand and accept the country not denying from very first.  Thank you for reading my blog:)

Comments

  1. Moe,

    I have always wanted to visit Japan and didn't know much about it, that is until before I read this blog! I love all the information you provided about the country and what it provides to people when they go to visit. Hopefully, I can get to Japan someday, but for now, I can't wait to do even more research about it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts