Japanese seasonal event



Konnichiwa! This means "hello" in Japanese. Anyway today I want to talk about my country and my hometown. If you have interest with Japanese culture, keep going!

First, do you know where Japan is? I am not kidding! One of my Japanese friend told me that some American student did not know where it is so I was really surprised! Japan is a maritime nation and a small island state located in East Asia. The population of Japan is approximately 130 million. Japan consist of five main groups of islands; Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu and Okinawa. Tokyo is the capital city of Japan.

We also have four seasons same as America, cherry blossoms bloom in the spring, and people enjoy the event called "cherry blossoms viewing" or "ohanami". It looks like picnic, eating "bento" and drinking under the cherry blossoms tree.


Moushobi is what we call a day in summer when the temperature exceeds 95 degree. My hometown, Kyoto is really hot every day in summer and the temperature almost every day exceeds 100 degree and it's very humid. In summer, we have many events like firework festivals and summer festival at night! It's really fun and beautiful so if you come to Japan in summer, definitely you should go those festival! You must love it! When we go there, some people wear Japanese traditional clothes "yukata". It is the clothes I wear in this picture.

           



During fall, red leaves color the mountains in crimson. The combination with red leaves and historical building is really beautiful. We enjoy the event called "momizigari", it is like the fall version of "ohanami".



In winter, people warm themselves under "kotatsu". Kotatsu is it in the first picture. Winter in Japan is also really cold and the coldness is different from here. We become cold from inside than outside so we cannot stop shaking. So, many people like to go to hot spring called in Japanese "onsen". 
In one place in Japan, monkeys also get into the hot spring. We can go to see them! It is the only place in the world to see the monkeys entering hot spring.


 

I have so many things about Japan I want to share with you guys so look forward next! If you want to know about something about my country, please comment:) I'll write them later.

I hope you enjoy my blog! Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. WOW! These pictures are absolutely gorgeous…they make me want to travel the world. I think it is so interesting the different holidays/celebrations that different countries have. Ohanami sounds like such a fun time. Having a picnic under the cherry blossom trees sounds like something out of a fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moe! It was so insightful and interesting to read this post. I always find it so interesting to read about other cultures and learn about them so I really look forward to reading your future posts. I would love to travel to Japan sometime if I ever got the opportunity. Also, these pictures you've attached are just breath taking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts